haaveged + gpg --sign fails with "signing failed: Operation cancelled"

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.email
Wed Mar 29 07:44:26 CEST 2017

That's not how you use haveged. It is supposed to start when the system
boots, and run in the background, collecting entropy to seed the PRNG.

That said, if you are using a card for signing that's way more likely to
be involved in the problems you're seeing. Try creating a key on the
file system, and test using that first. If that works, then you've
narrowed down your problems.

Doug