Compiling GPG on Solaris 10

Terry Stewart terry.stewart at mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 22 14:32:33 CET 2017

Hi Werner

Thanks for replying.  I compiled libgcrypt from source (from
https://www.gnupg.org/download/index.html) as well as the other dependencies

All these dependencies installed without error using
./configure
gmake
gmake check
gmake install

 >> /usr/local/bin/libgcrypt-config --version
1.7.6

Configure was complaining about readline so I reinstalled that as well

checking whether regular expression support is requested... yes
checking for library containing regcomp... none required
checking for regcomp... yes
checking whether your system's regexp library is broken... no
checking zlib.h usability... yes
checking zlib.h presence... yes
checking for zlib.h... yes
checking for deflateInit2_ in -lz... yes
checking for bzlib.h... yes
checking for BZ2_bzCompressInit in -lbz2... yes
checking whether readline via "-lreadline" is present and sane... no
checking whether readline via "-lreadline -ltermcap" is present and
sane... yes
configure: checking for cc features
checking if gcc ignores unknown -Wno-* options... no
checking if gcc supports -Wno-pointer-sign... no
checking if gcc supports -Wpointer-arith... yes
configure: checking system features for estream-printf
checking for stdint.h... (cached) yes
checking for long long int... (cached) yes
checking for long double... yes
checking for intmax_t... yes
checking for uintmax_t... yes
checking for ptrdiff_t... yes
checking size of unsigned long... (cached) 4
checking size of void *... 4
checking for nl_langinfo and THOUSANDS_SEP... no
configure: checking system features for estream
configure:
***
*** You need libgcrypt to build this program.
**  This library is for example available at
***   ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/libgcrypt/
*** (at least version 1.5.0 using API 1 is required.)
***
configure: error:

--

Terry Stewart