Problems with GPGME returning "Not Implemented" or "Configuration error"

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Mar 10 10:33:21 CET 2017

On Wed,  8 Mar 2017 00:57, jestedfa at microsoft.com said:

> I spotted the fact that I was (incorrectly) using
> gpgme_op_decrypt_verify() when I think I should be using
> gpgme_op_decrypt(), so I fixed that but I still get “Not Implemented”.

The reason why it shows "Not implemented" is that you used
gpgme_set_passphrase_cb () with GPGME_PROTOCOL_CMS.  gpgsm does not
support a passphrase callback in the same way as gpg does.  In
particular gpgme sets up a command line edit handler to push the
passphrase via the callback to to gpg.  gpgsm has no --command-fd option
but only a --passphrase-fd option which can be used with
--pinentry-mode=loopback.

Right, this should be fixed.  I think we already have a feature request
for this.

As a workaround, you should

  gpgme_set_passphrase_cb (ctx, NULL, NULL);

after switching to GPGME_PROTOCOL_CMS.  This will then use the pinentry
and thus you need to provide a dummy pinentry for your test suite (or
use no passphrase at all).

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner