Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Question for app developers, like Enigmail etc. - Identicons

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Mon Jun 12 16:06:55 CEST 2017

On 12/06/17 14:52, Stefan Claas wrote:
> I just checked again. On my Mac and on my Windows Notebook
> i get a green bar , from a blue "Untrusted" key when i go into
> Enigmails Key Management and set the trust of that key to
> Ultimate...

Don't do this! Or did you do it just for testing? "Ultimate" is for your
own keys. It makes the key itself valid and all keys signed by that key.
It's the odd one out, as the other trust levels only determine the
validity of other keys signed by that key but don't affect the key itself.

To make a key valid, sign it with a local signature. Or an exportable
signature, your choice.

HTH,

Peter.