gpg-agent has to be restarted after GnuPG SmartCard pulled from reader

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Jan 6 20:23:02 CET 2017

On Fri,  6 Jan 2017 14:52, dgouttegattat at incenp.org said:

> For what is worth, I have two such readers, which are working
> flawlessly with the ccid driver [1] and with 2048-bit keys. I have not
> tried them with the internal driver.

IIRC, I added some workarounds but eventually gave up due to too many
problems.  Key generation always failed with Omnikey based readers and
signature creation only works in some cases.

I have a whole bunch of those readers and they are all crap.  Well,
except for the Cherry keyboard, it does work well in the server room
(w/o card).

> the file $GNUPGHOME/scd-event exists and is executable, it will be
> called on every card reader status change.

I was about to tell this, too ;-)

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner