Questions about --throw-keyids

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Feb 14 21:08:25 CET 2017

On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 15:27, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> I'm open to other suggestions about how to achieve this behavior.

There is an old FIXME in the code which needs to be removed:

      /* FIXME: Store this all in a list and process it later so that
         we can prioritize what key to use.  This gives a better user
         experience if wildcard keyids are used.  */

I like your suggestion of also looking at the creation date and key size
as further sort parameters.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

ps.
I don't think that --throw-keyid is a useful thing for use of gpg
in mails - it does not really help in this use case because that meta
data is easier available by other means.  But if people start using this
more we need a solution.