gpg2 export secret key without passphrase

Caleb Case calebcase at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 18:13:53 CET 2017

Hi,

I am using gpg2 with some build automation and I need to generate a key for
the automation that does not require a passphrase. I was unable to export
the secret key until I added a passphrase, but then there was no way export
it without the passphrase.

I did eventually stumble on a hack recommended elsewhere to use the older
gpg (not gpg2) toolchain, import, remove password, and then export. But
this does not seem like the correct way to do this.

How does one export a gpg2 private key without a passphrase?

Thanks!

Caleb