pgpdump alternative for gpg2

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sun Dec 10 19:53:17 CET 2017

On Fri,  8 Dec 2017 16:28, gcrypt4 at gmail.com said:

> I want to see gpg2 key parameters packets. pgpdump v0.32 doesn't support
> gpg2 (especially elliptic curve cryptography packets) and "gpg2
> --list-packets" doesn't show key parameters. is there any way to see key
> parameters (d, q and curve) of ecc in gpg2 imported secret subkeys?

  gpg --with-key-data ---with-colons -K

shows the public data in "pkd" records.  You can't easily see the secret
data (d); for that you would need to add debug options to gpg-agent
(--debug help).  If your secret key is not protected, the
~/private-keys-v1.d/KEYGRIP.key file will reveal all parameters.

  /usr/local/libexec/gpg-protect-tool KEYFILE

can be used to convert the canonical encoded s-expression into the
advanced format which can be read in any editor.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner