Posting short GnuPG clear signed messages on social media sites

david at gbenet.com david at gbenet.com
Sat Aug 5 19:55:51 CEST 2017

On 05/08/17 12:44, Stefan Claas wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Aug 2017 11:30:08 +0100, david at gbenet.com wrote:
>
>> Hello Stefan,
>>
>> Firstly the "<" did the trick - I used QtQr - to decode back and then
>> to decrypt Kleopatra - and it worked fine QtQR creates pngs but did
>> not use this feature.
>
> Hi David,
>
> glad that it works now for you.

My experience has been from te early 80s I thought encrypted communications would grow to a
world wide phenomena - but I was a bit optimistic. Top security professional in my opinion
don't tell people to encrypt which is there best form of security.

It seems to me there are two or three types that use encryption

(1) those that actually need it
(2) computer nerds who think it's some holy grail
(3) ordinary people trying to get more ordinary people to see sense

I posted your little bit of advice to a Linux group on FB - the reaction was not as I
expected - condescending replies in the main - none of whom and the intelligence to see the
implications - I felt I was defending what was a good idea.

Today with increased surveillance from security forces reading everything we do you would
have thought that those involved in politics would at least use encryption - they have no
idea what one is talking about. Thirty odd years have past - and still 90 per cent of the
population who use computers and smart phones have no idea. Well 99.9 per cent :)

I seem to hanging on to a vital bit of technology - and every one I know is still throwing
flint spears at Hairy Mammoths :)

Rant over - I shall go back to silent observation :)

David

--
“See the sanity of the man! No gods, no angels, no demons, no body. Nothing of the
kind.Stern, sane,every brain-cell perfect and complete even at the moment of death. No