Private key export for SSH

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Oct 11 16:20:37 CEST 2016

On Tue 2016-10-11 09:35:37 -0400, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> On 11/10/16 13:46, John Lane wrote:
>> I have Monkeysphere on my radar but I haven't got around to trying
>> it out. I had hoped for a gpg solution without resorting to third
>> party...
>
> I think I vaguely remember Monkeysphere supporting it.

fwiw, monkeysphere doesn't explicitly support exporting OpenPGP secret
key material to arbitrary formats.

Rather, modern versions of monkeysphere (the ones that support gpg 2.1)
include agent-transfer, a tool that knows how to export secret key
material from a running gpg-agent and import into a running ssh agent.

See the agent-transfer(1) manual page for more details.

Regards,

    --dkg