Trying to figure out what's going on with a key update failure...

Stephan Beck stebe at mailbox.org
Sun Nov 27 01:06:00 CET 2016

Hi Anthony,

Anthony Papillion:
> On 11/25/2016 4:02 AM, Stephan Beck wrote:
[...]
> No problem. When I try to decrypt your message, I get the follow from GPG:
>
> gpg: invalid radix64 character 2D skipped
> gpg: invalid radix64 character 2D skipped
> gpg: invalid radix64 character 2D skipped
> gpg: invalid radix64 character 2D skipped
>
> You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
> user: "Anthony Papillion <anthony at cajuntechie.org>"
> 4096-bit RSA key, ID 0x002919C90AF4A3BC, created 2016-10-12
>          (subkey on main key ID 0xCC9D1E072AC97369)
>
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.

There are several possibilities (1,2,3,4), but it seems to be an
encoding issue or a line-wrapping issue.

Could you try to decrypt once again adding the --list-packets option
Depending on the additional output you get you can narrow down the error
source.

(1) https://www.enigmail.net/list_archive/2011-April/013658.html
(2)
http://gnupg.10057.n7.nabble.com/Problem-when-decrypting-PGP-messages-td11154.html