What are those attachments you have on your email?

David Adamson davidadamson.md at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 14:12:35 CET 2016

On Fri, Nov 25, 2016 at 5:28 AM, Stephan Beck <stebe at mailbox.org> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> I kindly invite you to post your PM on-list. It might be of interest for
> other people as well.
>
> Thanks and regards
>
> Stephan

Certainly that sounds like a good idea.

Stephan,

Thanks again for your help.  I am playing around with generating my
keys, importing others and encrypting and decrypting.

I was thinking of ways to get my key out to people without using the
keyservers and instead attaching my public key to my email seemed like a good
idea.  I noticed you have two, one called 0x4218732B.asc and another
called signature.asc.  Am I correct in assuming your first one is your
public key?  The second one I'm not sure what it is for.  I thought
maybe you were signing your public key so I ran the following but got
a BAD signature message so I thought maybe it's for something else -

david at system:~/Downloads$ gpg2 --verify signature.asc 0x4218732B.asc
gpg: Signature made Wed 23 Nov 2016 11:41:22 AM EST
gpg:                using RSA key 5E77973C5ED0E692
david at system:~/Downloads$ gpg2 --import 0x4218732B.asc
gpg: key 1CA0EF5E4218732B: public key "Stephan Beck
<sbeck at mailbox.org>" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1
david at system:~/Downloads$ gpg2 --verify signature.asc 0x4218732B.asc
gpg: Signature made Wed 23 Nov 2016 11:41:22 AM EST
gpg:                using RSA key 5E77973C5ED0E692
gpg: BAD signature from "Stephan Beck <sbeck at mailbox.org>" [unknown]

Thanks!