AW: Key generation with GPGME and GnuPG hangs at gpgme_op_genkey

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Jan 28 09:45:00 CET 2016

> Thank you for this encouraging words. In fact I got solved another problem.

Woot!

> The only problem remaining is that the application still ignores my
> own password callback and uses the GnuPG default:

This is actually expected behavior.  See:

	https://bugs.gnupg.org/gnupg/issue767

>From Werner: "gpg2 can't use [custom passphrase handlers] as [using
gpg-]agent is a hard requirement.  The only reason for keeping the
passphrase callback is for symmetric encryption."

Since you're not using symmetric encryption -- you're generating a
certificate -- your callback never gets called.