status of ed25519 draft

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 25 08:27:44 CET 2016

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016 18:31, brian at minton.name said:
> The next draft is due soon.  How long does it usually take the IETF to
> ratify a draft RFC?

There won't be an RFC for that I-D.  Instead it will hopefully be part
of rfc-4880bis (the updated OpenPGP specs which is in the works).

Given that there are no real complaints about the Ed25519 I-D I plan to
remove the extra prompt during key generation and go ahead with Ed25519.
RFC-4880bis will take too long to get published.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner