Nitrokey HSM and GPG

Andreas Schwier andreas.schwier.ml at cardcontact.de
Wed Feb 24 20:12:13 CET 2016

Dear Martin,

the Nitrokey HSM has an embedded SmartCard-HSM which is only supported
by gpgsm. Unfortunately you can not use a key on the device as gpg key,
but only for S/MIME. GPG only supports cards that conform to the OpenPGP
Card Specification, which the SmartCard-HSM doesn't.

Andreas

--

    ---------    CardContact Systems GmbH
   |.##> <##.|   Schülerweg 38