Hybrid keysigning party, your opinion?

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Dec 13 18:56:07 CET 2016

On 12/12/16 07:02, Lachlan Gunn wrote:
> Also, while I promised to forever hold my peace, you might want to give
> people a a programmatic way to make the scrubbed list so that those who
> print their own don't need to manually verify it.

If they want to have a known good copy, they can just print the detailed
list!

They then also have the opportunity to have gpgsigs annotate it with the
signatures they already did at an earlier keysigning party, saving them
the trouble of re-identifying someone for nothing. (Note that not all
people consider this "for nothing", some actually like to have a new
signature).

> The //d (rather
> than s///) is important because unless it makes the list shorter, there
> isn't any incentive to go to the trouble :)

I chose to replace them by empty lines so the lists still line up if you
choose the screen font to be a similar size as the printed font. I will
be literally holding my paper list next to my monitor, it's useful if
they line up and all information that is the same looks exactly the
same. You spot errors much quicker that way.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Peter.