Unattended signing

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Feb 25 00:01:21 CET 2015

On 24/02/15 23:16, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> So why are you keeping it around?

I suppose it depends on your definition of "destroying"...

I think you'd be fine with setting an expiry date and "--delete-secret-key"-ing
the subkey when the time comes.

If you asked me to /destroy/ the key, I would look through my drawers for all
backups I have and do a "shred" on them, and think really hard where any further
copies might have ended up.

HTH,

Peter.