GPA - import keys more easily?..

Dark Penguin darkpenguin at yandex.ru
Tue Dec 8 00:41:27 CET 2015

Is it possible to import public keys into GPA by "opening them with GPA"
instead of using "Keys - Import"?.. That would sure be convenient, but
simply opening an .asc key with GPA did not do that, and I couldn't find
anything mentioning such thing in the man gpa.

If this functionality is indeed not there, may I suggest we file a
"wishlist" bug for this issue?.. It seems quite natural to expect this
kind of thing. If it is there, I suggest we put it into the manual page,
because it's not there.

If it's there in the latest version, do rebuke me, for I am not
upgrading from 0.9.5 (from Debian Jessie repo) to 0.9.9 just to confirm
this behaviour; and I couldn't find a changelog for the last versions
anywhere on the site... It took me quite a while to even find a download
link, even though I do remember that it's hosted on the same site!..
Shouldn't it be put in the "Downloads" section, at least as a short link
in the bottom - "Also, see GPA, which aims to be the default GUI
frontend and is hosted on this site as well"?..

--
darkpenguin