New beta

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Sat Sep 20 12:53:25 CEST 2014

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 22:15, rjh at sixdemonbag.org said:

> It would be nice if it could also be checked with Fedora.  CentOS/RHEL

My idea was to check that the required software is available and not to
check for a certain distribution.  One major problem has always been
that the mingw toolchain often has regressions which lead to subtle
errors at runtime and sometimes even the build breaks.  This is why I
suggest Debian as the OS I use for development.

> However, I'm unaware of anyone who's calling this a blocker, so it's a
> pretty low priority.  (See, folks?  I apply the

Note that low given that Debconf's BoF mentioned that they need to build
gpg also for Windows - Fedora should have simalir requirements.
GnuPG-1, though.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner