encrypting to expired certificates

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Sep 15 22:23:08 CEST 2014

> Rather than tackle the Herculean problem of pulling the weeds from
> the garden, we insist on gilding all the lilies...

Sorry, that's idiomatic English.

For the non-English speakers: "gilding the lily" means to foolishly try
to improve on something that's already magnificent.  "Gilding" means to
paint something with gold.  A lily is already a beautiful flower:
gilding the lily will not make it more beautiful -- it will only waste
your time and your labor.

Not to be confused with gelding the filly, which, if you're doing, well,
as I said, you're probably quite confused...