[Announce] The maybe final Beta for GnuPG 2.1

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Fri Oct 3 19:15:54 CEST 2014

>> Maintaining and improving GnuPG is costly.  For more than a decade,
>> g10 Code GmbH, a German company owned and headed by GnuPG's principal
>> author Werner Koch, is bearing the majority of these costs.  To help
>> them carry on this work, they need your support.  See
>>
>>   https://gnupg.org/donate/
>
> Thanks for the reminder.

Indeed.  Today's also Tag der Deutschen Einheit ("German Unity Day"),
which celebrates the end of the GDR -- whose secret police service, the
Ministerium fuer Staatsicherheit[*], commonly known as Stasi, practiced
surveillance of its own citizens on a scale that's hard to imagine.  So,
celebrate your privacy by donating to GnuPG and sitting down with the
movie _Das Leben der Anderen_, released in English-speaking countries as
_The Lives of Others_.  It's a remarkable film and worth seeing.

[*] Werner, Wikipedia lists it as Staatssicherheit, but for some reason
that just doesn't look right to me.  Is it?