gpg4usb: Portable GUI for GnuPG

vedaal at nym.hush.com vedaal at nym.hush.com
Fri Nov 14 18:02:47 CET 2014

On 11/13/2014 at 5:23 PM, "Robert J. Hansen" <rjh at sixdemonbag.org> wrote:

>Putting it on CD-ROM might be a pretty cool idea

=====

It's already been done by UPR.
https://www.privacy-cd.org/en

It uses Ubuntu 12.04 with  GnuPG  and pre-7.2 Truecrypt already installed. (open source roll-your-own available).

I've tried it a few times and found it interesting, in that I couldn't access anything on the host computer's hard disc, or go online,
features instituted to protect the UPR user, but also protects the host computer,
(and makes it easier to get permission to *borrow* a frend's laptop to do some work on files on my usb  ;-)  )

Anyone here have any experience with it?

TIA,

vedaal