GnuPG 2.1 and Mailpile (LWN comments) about GPGME

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Nov 13 11:54:57 CET 2014

On Thu, 13 Nov 2014 10:08, bernhard at intevation.de said:

> job there.  Gpgme needs to get more popular, probably improved along the way,
> but it also would help to make the crypto-experience with GnuPG a lot better
> for developers and users alike.

Actually I see 88 Debian projects depending on libgpgme11.

A good step forwad would be the integration of lnaguage bindings into
the gpgme package.  That should make it easier to use it from languages
other than C, C++ (, and CL).  However, someone needs to feel reponsible
for such a language binding and try to keep it up to date.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner