GPG 2.1.0/Win32: keyserver lookup problems

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Thu Nov 6 17:49:17 CET 2014

> have you converted your keyring to pubring.kbx and moved away the old
> pubring.gpg?

I started from a brand new install, right down to emptying out my old
%APPDATA%\Roaming\GnuPG directory.  I reloaded keys the "hard" way, by
--import \path\to\old\pubring.gpg and --import \path\to\old\secring.gpg.

As near as I can tell I'm doing things correctly.  However, honesty
compels me to say that I'm running into a *lot* of problems with the
Windows build.  It does not appear to me to be ready for prime time.

> This was discussed already on gnupg-devel on 10 oct 2014 (subject:
> performance of gpg --list-secret-keys with large keyrings)

Yes, which is why I reported it again: because I was under the
impression that bug had been *fixed*.