HP-UX and GnuPG

David Shaw dshaw at jabberwocky.com
Thu Aug 14 15:18:25 CEST 2014

On Aug 13, 2014, at 4:20 PM, Bill HT <htbillb at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are on HP-UX ver 11.11 U 9000/800. GnuPG 2 was installed at /usr/local/bin, we have to call it with the at path to do anything with it: /usr/local/bin/gpg2. I can list keys and import keys. However, when trying to generate keys or encrypt, we get this error: "no entropy gathering module detected”. I was under the impression that EGD is part of GPG, is there some reason why it isn’t seeing it? Or is it just not there?

While GPG can make use of an EGD, EGD is not part of GPG.

That said, I'm not very familiar with HP-UX, but I was under the impression that 11.11 either had, or could download a package from HP, that gives you a true /dev/random (which GPG can then use).  Have you read http://newfdawg.com/SSHpart5.htm ?

David