gnupg-2.1 Install

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Aug 11 21:05:40 CEST 2014

> For some of us relatively new Ubuntu Linux users installing the
> latest gnupg can be a challenge.

The latest GnuPG is in the Ubuntu repositories, last I checked.
Ubuntu's normally pretty good about keeping current.

With respect to GnuPG 2.1, it's still in progress and hasn't yet been
released.  As such, that means it's really not in a state where users
are expected to be able to compile it from scratch.  Once we get close
to an official 2.1 release I'm pretty sure the compilation process will
get easier.  :)

> various stages to try something new.  As an example here is what is
> required on a new Ubuntu install for Gnupg 2.0.25:

Have you considered turning this into a bash or Perl script?  Some
people on the list might find that very useful.