Multiple email addresses - any alternative to ask everyone to sign all my keys?

Philipp Klaus Krause pkk at spth.de
Wed Jul 24 15:34:18 CEST 2013

Am 24.07.2013 15:18, schrieb Mark H. Wood:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:33:18AM +0200, Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
>> I just want multiple security levels: Decrypt mail addressed to the
>> university address, but not mail addressed to my private address on the
>> university computer. Decrypt both types of mail on my private computer.
>> After all the security I want works when using two separate keypairs
>> (but that has the disadvantage of other people having to sign multiple
>> keys).
>
> Um, wait...what does other people signing your keys have to do with
> you decrypting mail?  Authentication and privacy are two different
> dimensions of communication security.

Uh, AFAIK with GPG, I have a keypair. Other people sign it, so people
who see the signature can trust that it is mine. So the private key I
use to decrypt should correspond to a public key signed by other people.
How else would others know that the key they use to encrypt is mine, and
assume that only I can decrypt it?

Philipp