Problem after going from gpg 1.2.6 to 1.4.5

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Feb 14 09:44:59 CET 2013

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 00:00, apadmaraju at prounlimited.com said:

> However, with 1.4.5 we get an encrypted file everything in one line
> and gets cut at 80th char.  With 1.2.6 we used to get an encrypted
> file in multiple lines with 80 chars per line and was able to see
> complete file.

That pretty much looks like a post processing problem in your script.
GPG's armor format does not output more than 64 characters per line.  IT
is possible that old versions uses up to 72 characters but definitely
never more than 76 as per specs.

BTW, you should also use "--batch" when invoking gpg from a script and
take care to properly quote argumens, so that filenames with spaces
work.

> With 1.4.5, how to get it in 80 char format per line?  Right now we

Why did you switch to a 6 year old version of GnuPG with 4 known CVE
indetified bugs?

> cannot upgrade to beyond 1.4.5 because of consistency issues.

Please explain.  There is no incompatibility between 1.4.5 and later
versions.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner