Extracting the session key using gpme?

Laurens Van Houtven _ at lvh.io
Wed Apr 17 19:38:53 CEST 2013

 Hi Werner,

Thanks for your reply!

On Apr 17, 2013 12:03 PM, "Werner Koch" <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> There won't be support for it in GPGME.  Why should we make it easy to
> do key escrow.  If we ever add a a re-encrypt feature to gpg, if would
> make sense to add this to GPGME as well.  But please don't demand it for
> the --{show,override}-session-key options.

No worries, I'm not demanding anything, just trying to figure out if what I
want to do is appropriate, and, if so, what the best way to do it is :)

So, to be clear, the reason this isn't in GPGME isn't because what I'm
doing is fundamentally wrong, it's just that the gpgme equivalent of the
way you'd currently do it using the gpg command line tool can be used for
things gpg doesn't intend to support (specifically, key escrow).

Or, perhaps more specifically: what I want isn't wrong, but the only way to
accomplish it is using the gpg command line tool, there are good reasons
for this, and I should just use the gpg command line tool? :)

cheers
lvh