GPG 1.4.x, 2.x, ECC, and portability

Avi avi.wiki at gmail.com
Tue May 22 17:29:28 CEST 2012

  On Tue, 15 May 2012 16:50, avi.wiki at gmail.com said:

  > them temporarily each time if necessary. Allowing an option to have
  > the home and other helper directories configured as a subfolder of the
  > install directory on the install should be helpful as well.  What I

>I agree.  We could do this.  If a file "gnupg-enable-standalone" exists
>in the same directory as the gpg binary, we set the GNUPGHOME directory to
>a subdirectory (e.g. "home") and all other directories also to a
>subdirectory (iirc, we only need an "etc").

That would be great! To close the loop, could the installer be
modified to ask if the current install is portable and then create
that file before the rest of the install to make it seamless?

--Avi

----
User:Avraham

pub 3072D/F80E29F9 1/30/2009 Avi (Wikimedia-related key) <avi.wiki at gmail.com>
   Primary key fingerprint: 167C 063F 7981 A1F6 71EC ABAA 0D62 B019 F80E 29F9