Clearsigning on Windows

Mon Jan 30 22:49:03 CET 2012

Am Montag, 30. Januar 2012, 22:12:13 schrieb Belleraphone:
> I realize that, but how do I make it so that my files are fit to be
> clearsigned?

I am not sure whether I understand what you mean.

--clearsign is usable for text files only not for binary files. Those need
--sign or --detach-sign.

> I was given a bunch of information from a website that said
> what needed to be clearsigned. How do I put this information into a file
> that gpu.exe can read and clearsign?

It seems not to be possible to make a single signature for several files at
once whose names are read from STDIN (or a file). But you can give several
files on the command line:

gpg --armor --output signature.asc --detach-sign file1 file2 file3

The result can be checked by

gpg --verify signature.asc file1 file2 file3

In that case you have to check all files simultaneously.

If you have a big lot of files to be signed then you can

a) either create an archive file (by whatever archieve application you like
and which supports reading file names from a file) and sign that single file

b) use scripting (which I don't know anything about under Windows) to

1) either create the long command line
The Linux (bash) way would be:
gpg --armor --output signature.asc --detach-sign $(cat filelist.txt)

2) call gpg for each file (which makes sense only without a passphrase od with
passphrase caching (gpg-agent)
The Linux (bash) way would be:
while read filename
  do
  gpg --armor --detach-sign "$filename"
done < filelist.txt

Hauke
--
PGP: D44C 6A5B 71B0 427C CED3 025C BD7D 6D27 ECCB 5814