windows binary for gnupg 1.4.11 // compilation instructions posted

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Sep 17 01:20:31 CEST 2011

On 9/16/2011 6:15 PM, Johan Wevers wrote:
> Which makes me wonder how hard it would be to build GnuPG 1.4.11 with
> MS Visual Studio.

With MS Visual Studio, or with the command-line cl.exe compiler?  The
last I heard from the Autotools fellows (Ralf Wildenhues, et. al.)
several months ago, they were really close to having a version that
would work with MS tools from within MinGW.  If this reached a usable
version, that would seem like the most obvious way to get a GnuPG
version built with the MS compilers.

My question, though, is -- why?  What do the MS compilers give us?  I
can't see any compelling reason to do this.