GPA File Manager

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Fri Nov 18 19:50:14 CET 2011

On 11/18/2011 00:25, Jerome Baum wrote:
> For what it's worth, I don't feel that it would be "intolerant and
> freedom-of-choice-denying" at all if Symantec were to say "in the PGP
> forums you should not advocate other alternatives" because "the PGP
> forums" are their turf. gnupg-users is GnuPG-the-project's turf so we
> follow the rules GnuPG has chosen to adapt.

I don't think anyone is saying that the managers of the gnupg lists
don't have the right to create restrictions for their use. At least I'm
not saying that. It's their list, their rules. No worries.

My original post was intended to be a humorous jab pointing out the
irony of restricting our freedom to discuss other, relevant, software
projects; in the name of freedom. That's all. :)

Doug

--

		"We could put the whole Internet into a book."
		"Too practical."