Where are those stubs..

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Wed Jul 20 21:48:50 CEST 2011

On 19/07/11 01:20, J. Ottosson wrote:
> Example: I have this newly installed GPG, through GPG4WIN. After having done
> some checking and searching in manuals and on the list, I have come to
> conclusion that entering the command "gpg --card-status" should make the secret
> key stubs appear in the keyring.
>
> I cannot get this to work though.

AFAIK, you need to get the public key imported in GnuPG before you do
--card-status. So you first download your own public key from a keyserver or a
website or a USB stick, you don't get it from the smartcard. Only when GnuPG
already has the public key, will it create the secret key stubs when it sees
your smartcard.

Good luck,

Peter.

My key is available at http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~lebbing/pubkey.txt