Card only available to root user

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Aug 5 11:00:26 CEST 2011

On Fri,  5 Aug 2011 10:31, luis at debethencourt.com said:

> Missed this question the first time around...
> It is a SCM Microsystems SCR 335

Well that one works.  It even works fine with the scdaemon internal
driver, thus try after stopping pcscd.

>> When I do it as you say I get:
>> gpg-connect-agent 'scd learn --force' /bye
>> ERR 103 unknown command
>>
>> I always get that 'unknown command' error in all the variatons you explained.

Please run

  gpg-connect-agent 'getinfo version' /bye

and

  gpg-connect-agent 'scd getinfo version' /bye

> I've created this conf file both in my home and root's.

Well under ~/.gnupg/ of course.

> When I run gpg --card-status as my user, there is no file created.

Is this really gpg2 (check using gpg --version).

> But when I run it in root it does create this file.

That smells like a file permission problem.

> Is this confirmation that when running as root scdaemon is being spawned
> but when running as user it can't use scdaemon?

No.

> I can paste the content of that log file if you want it. Asking before doing
> so since it's a bit lengthy.

Please send by private mail.  Note that this may reveal PINs if you
entered one.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner