Set key to be default to sign/encrypt

Kevin Lists.gnupg at mephisto.fastmail.net
Fri Apr 8 17:46:53 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 09:10:45PM +0200 Also sprach Csabi:
>Hi!
>
>Thx your reply.
>I tried the following:
>gpg -u 4096R/626D791C --detach-sign t.txt
>The error is the same:
>gpg: skipped "4096R/626D791C": secret key not available
>gpg: signing failed: secret key not available
>I tried it with the public key's key ID too but the result was the same.
>
>What am i doing wrong?

I think you may just have a problem with your command line syntax.
"gpg -u" expects only the Key ID or fingerprint, NOT the key type
(i.e. drop the 4096R/).

Try the following command line and see if you get better results:

gpg -u 626D791C --detach-sign t.txt

--
"Le hasard favorise l'esprit préparé."
                       --Louis Pasteur