How can I drop a file for encryption on the GPA FileManager

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 20:28:49 CET 2010

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 19:52:44 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>It would be OK if there was a way to start the GPA FileManager with a
>file path on the command line. Then I could add a manual entry in the
>Registry that would invoke the proper exe file with the selected file
>as the argument.
>
>But I need to know which executable to start and what command line
>arguments to use.

Found the solution by experimentation:
The GPA executable is gpa.exe (surprise!) in the GnuPG directory.
I also found that if I send it a file on the command line it opens up
the File Manager window rather than the key manager that is otherwise
shown.

So I have added the following to the registry to get a context menu
item when selecting a file, which opens the GPA file manager. From
there I can easily select the operation to be performed.

<quote>
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\GPA Manager]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell\GPA Manager\command]
@="C:\\Programs\\GnuPG\\gpa.exe \"%1\""
</quote>

As you can see I have installed Gpg4Win *outside* the Program Files
directory tree in order not to have Windows messing with my files.

Hope this helps other Win7X64 users....'

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden