Testing with card, some questions

J. Ottosson j-001 at ottosson.nu
Wed Nov 17 19:27:38 CET 2010

On 16 Nov 2010 at 14:44, Werner Koch wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:15, mail at klomp.eu said:
>
> > This seems to be a bug of scdaemon. Kill the daemon and gpg
> > -card-status will
>
> Meanwhile the problem has been pointed out to me:  We are using the
> wrong constants for PC/SC:  pcsclite (Unix) and PC/SC (Windows) are not
> API compatible.
>
> We don't use the actual header files so to make it possible to
> dymanically load PC/SC support if available and to avoid an extr abuild
> dependency.
>
> Will will do a fix for the next gpg4win release.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Was all my issues with keys not reappearing after --card-status related to what
you're referring to?

Anyway, I generated new keys, overwriting the old ones and now these new keys
are noted normally. Whas there any commands I should have run to have the keys
re-appearing in the GPA key manager earlier?

Clearly --card-status didn't do it. Or should it have made a difference? Does it
matter if GPG uses the internal CCID drivers or not? Any other command, like any
of the 'rebuild'-related commands that could've been used?

The "refresh" command from the GUI didn't do any difference.

Thanks,

/J