Multiple Identities

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Nov 16 09:09:24 CET 2009

T. Howell-Cintron wrote:
> I'm in a position now where I'm using multiple e-mail addresses, for
> different purposes, but want to share the same key for the sake of
> simplicity in my applications (Enigmail for example).  I know it's
> possible to use one key for multiple e-mail addresses/identities but I'm
> not sure how to go about doing it.
>
> Any tips would be appreciated.

You will need your key ID for this.  For instance, my key ID is
0xD6B98E10.  Substitute your own key ID for mine in these instructions.

gpg --edit-key 0xD6B98E10 adduid

Enter the name, email address and comment you want associated with the
key; follow the prompts.  It's pretty straightforward.  Once you have it
done, send it to the keyservers so that everyone can find your key under
your new email address:

gpg --keyserver x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net --send-key 0xD6B98E10

Presto, done.