Avoid pinentry-gtk-2 when using console!

Roger rogerx at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun May 31 23:45:59 CEST 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-31 at 15:08 +0200, Moritz Schulte wrote:
> > This bugs me because I'm working on the console and have to move my
> > fingers from the keyboard to my mouse (or whatever) to enter the pin
> > into the X widget instead of console!
>
> Actually, the graphical pinentry should capture the keyboard focus and
> thus make it unnecessary to use the mouse in this situation.  What
> pinentry GUI are you using (GTK+ or Qt?) and what pinentry version is this?
>
> Thanks,
> mo

Unless one has configured the console window to always "stay on top" of
other windows.

... however, I have to move my eyeballs to the center of the display &
type instead of keeping my eyes at the console & typing.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but when you consider a console/terminal
to be as good look'n as a girl, and then you're made to a X window and
forced to type in it, it just feels ridiculous.  Think most folks whom
praise the console Gods, feel the same way.

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org