Selecting cipher to generate a key pair

Smith, Cathy cathy.smith at pnl.gov
Sat May 2 01:31:10 CEST 2009

I agree that with the lack of understanding.  It's been difficult to get
specific information from the customer.  I don't have the option of
saying it's their problem.  The GnuPG was a guess after I read something
about specifying the cipher algorithm.

The customer said they have a proprietary implementation that only
supports Blowfish or 3DES for the key.  I'm still trying to find out
exactly what that means.  I've talked to the folks here at work who
understand these things better than I, and all have shook their head.

I appreciate your assistance.

Cathy
---
Cathy L. Smith