What do if forgot password?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Feb 7 00:30:16 CET 2009

Faramir wrote:
> He already knows that... while I can't be sure, I'd bet Robert doesn't
> like IE7 too ;-)

I try not to join Windows-bashing, IE-bashing, or whatever else.  I'd
much rather stand for something than tear something down.

Standards are good for the internet.  GnuPG and PGP interoperate as well
as they do because of the OpenPGP standard.  Windows and Linux machines
can interoperate on the same network because they each conform to the
TCP/IP standard.  And so on, and so on, and so on.

Standards are good for the internet.  My web pages strictly conform to a
nearly ten-year-old W3C standard.  I don't care what browser you use to
read them.

Often on this list we get questions about how to make PGP 6.5.8
interoperate with GnuPG.  The usual -- and good -- answer is, "PGP 6.5.8
isn't standards conformant, encourage them to get a better application."

Likewise, if your browser isn't standards conformant, you may want to
get a better browser.  :)