gpg: failed to create temporary file

Peter Pentchev roam at ringlet.net
Thu Feb 5 12:45:29 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 01:11:05PM -0700, Joseph Oreste Bruni wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2009, at 12:55 PM, lee_andre at bellsouth.net wrote:
> > Here is the bash_profile for oracle
> >

> > -bash-3.00$ more .bash_profile
> > export GNUPGHOME=/opt/oracle/.gnupg
> > export ORACLE_BASE=/opt/oracle
> > export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/product/10.1.3.1/OracleAS_1
[snip]

> Hi Lee,
>
> I'm not that familiar with BPEL, so perhaps you can elaborate on it.
> When it starts a shell to execute commands as a user (oracle in this
> case), does it always launch the shell specified in the user's /etc/
> passwd (/bin/bash) or does it simply start a POSIX shell (/bin/sh). If
> BPEL only starts a POSIX shell, then you will not pick up anything
> from .bash_profile. Indeed, unless the shell is started as a "login"
> shell, you might not even get .profile.

And then, of course, it's possible that this is a Linux system which
has bash installed as /bin/sh :)  And then, of course, it's possible
that this is a *reasonable* Linux system with something else, e.g.
dash or ash or something, installed as /bin/sh, in which case Joseph's
recommendation holds.

> If BPEL avoids starting any sort of shell and simply runs the programs
> directly (via fork() and exec()), then you may not even get $HOME
> depending on what environment variables BPEL passes in to the exec()
> call.

This is also true.

> Try running the "env" command from BPEL and review the results. Pay
> particular attention to the contents of $SHELL, $HOME, and look to see
> if $GNUPGHOME is present and set as expected.

Yep, this is the only way to be sure.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam at ringlet.net    roam at space.bg    roam at FreeBSD.org
You have, of course, just begun reading the sentence that you have just finished reading.