WinPT & Enigmail don't show the same keys

John Clizbe John at Mozilla-Enigmail.org
Wed Apr 29 18:17:39 CEST 2009

Joel C. Salomon wrote:
> John W. Moore III wrote:
>> Joel C. Salomon wrote:
>> > I was under the impression that GnuPG kept track of everything, but I
>> > noticed that Windows Privacy Tray and Enigmail do not always show the
>> > same keys.

>> > Can someone explain to me what's going on with my system?
>>
>> I shall ask at this time if You clicked on 'Refresh Keys' in the
>> Enigmail Key Management window?
>
> Actually, I was noticing that WinPT was not showing keys that Enigmail
> -- and GnuPG -- knew about.  If I tried importing the key through the
> WinPT interface I was told that "nothing has changed".
>
> Turns out these were keys I'd just seen in my current online session,
> and which Enigmail had added to my keyring, but WinPT wasn't updating
> its keylist.

Neither of those operate directly on the actual keyring but an extract
of info from the keyring, which is why both have "refresh" menu options.

GPGshell is the same way in this regard.
--
John P. Clizbe                      Inet:John (a) Mozilla-Enigmail.org
You can't spell fiasco without SCO. hkp://keyserver.gingerbear.net  or