Questions about trust signatures

bezna george.davidescu at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 23:09:06 CEST 2008

Hi,

I think I made a small error in my last post, and I want to alleviate any
confusion. I made the following statment:

"The next hop in the chain will have an appropriate trust value of
"undefined", and the one following it will simply be "unknown"."

This is somewhat incorrect. In the case where Bob issues a tsign with a
depth greater than the one issued to him by Alice, the next link in the
chain (Charlie) will appear as valid to Alice but his trust will be
"undefined". David, who was tsigned by Charlie, will then appear to Alice
with a validity of "undefined" and a trust of "undefined". Finally, Elena,
who was signed normally (tsign of 0) by Charlie, will have a validity of
"unknown" and a trust of "unknown". This all makes sense to me semantically
but I just wanted to clarify so people don't get confused by my last post.

George