Am I Missing Something?

Charly Avital shavital at mac.com
Thu Jun 5 08:02:42 CEST 2008

Carlos Williams wrote the following on 6/4/08 6:12 PM:
[...]

> I think it may be working now. I tried everything over from scratch on
> my gmail account and it looks like it found me key. Is there a way to
> test this with you guys on the list?

Carlos,

As you have already been answered by John, your e-mail looks like a
signed one, and an attempt to verify the signature outputs:

gpg: Signature made Wed Jun  4 18:12:25 2008 EDT using DSA key ID 671E8B4A
gpg: requesting key 671E8B4A from hkp server keyserver.linux.it
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
gpg: Total number processed: 0

I have tried to find your key on key servers other than the one
indicated above, without results.

The only key I have found who is listed to someone named carlos williams is:

carlos williams <knightcomm at inficad.com>
1024 bit DSA key 8C73D5AB, created: 1997-08-27

That's not the key used to sign your message.

If you want recipients of your signed e-mails to be able to verify your
signature, you should upload your public key to a public server, or to
send your key directly and exclusively to your selected correspondents.

In the present case, this is a mailing list, so either you upload you
key to a keyserver, or you attach your public key (OpenPGP/Attach My
Public Key) to a message posted to the list, which will leave out people
who are not subscribed to this list.

Best regards,
Charly
MacOS 10.5.3 - MacBook Intel C2Duo - GnuPG 1.4.9 - GPG2 2.0.9 -
Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 - Enigmail 0.96a