Updating GnuPG to 1.4.9

Laurent Jumet laurent.jumet at skynet.be
Tue Jun 3 10:29:25 CEST 2008

Hello MastahYoda !

MastahYoda <mmlith at utu.fi> wrote:

> I'm running GnuPG on Windows and I would like to update my old GnuPG to
> newer version, 1.4.9. How can I do it so, that I can still use my existing
> keys? I tried quick-and-dirty method in my test machine and copy-pasted only
> new exe-files to my old gnupg-folder. Obviously it didn't work, because I
> couldn't find any keys when running --list-keys.. So does anyone know how to
> update correctly? Thanks!

    Install GnuPG1.4.9 and by default, main program will be in C:\GnuPG
    Copy your actual keyrings in C:\GnuPG\Keyrings
    Additional plug-ins like IDEA.DLL are in C:\Lib\Gnupg

    Pubring.gpg and Secring.gpg are the default names for GPG; may be your actual keyrings are not in that format but look like .pgp .pkr .skr, so you only need to import them once, to create the .gpg files.

--
Laurent Jumet
      KeyID: 0xCFAF704C