Are DSA2 signing keys backwards compatible?

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Mon Feb 11 04:51:03 CET 2008

David Shaw wrote:
> This is not how it works.  There is nothing becoming de-facto here.
> Longer DSA keys are the de-jure standard today, and people are just
> going to have to upgrade.

I think that's reversed: DSA2 is quickly becoming a de facto standard,
but it is not a de jure standard.

De facto: "in fact".  De jure: "in law".  De jure standards exist on
paper but are not respected, de facto standards exist in reality but may
not exist on paper.

If I am mistaken as to what you meant to say, please correct me.  :)