Importing old PGP key

Kiss Gabor (Bitman) kissg at ssg.ki.iif.hu
Wed Aug 13 11:54:18 CEST 2008

I have the same problem as was answered by David Shaw in 2004:
http://osdir.com/ml/gnu.gnupg.users/2004-06/msg00022.html
(Converting a veeeery old PGP key (2.6.3ia) to GnuPG.)

However the method he suggested does not work for me:

$ gpg --s2k-cipher-algo cast5 --edit-key 0x5D144299
gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.6; Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Secret key is available.

pub   512R/5D144299  created: 1999-04-12  expires: never       usage:
SCEA
                     trust: unknown       validity: unknown
[ unknown] (1). hun.admin.news

Command> passwd
Key is protected.
gpg: protection algorithm 1 (IDEA) is not supported
gpg: the IDEA cipher plugin is not present
gpg: please see http://www.gnupg.org/faq/why-not-idea.html for more information
Can't edit this key: unknown cipher algorithm

Command>

What should I do?

Gabor