[gnupg-users]

Oscar Pereira burn.till.skid at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 21:16:52 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I might be doing something wrong here, but I can't seem to change the
default signing key. I've edited ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf, and set
default-key to <keyID>. I've even setted it to 0x<heyID> and <key
fingerprint> but none of those works either.
When I try to sign a file (using --debug=64), it tells me that what
configuration file it is reading, and that's the **correct** one:
~/.gnupg/gpg.conf ! But despite this, if I give no explicit key when
signing, it keeps using an old, revoked key. The signing process thus
fails, outputting this:

gpg: no default secret key: unusable secret key
gpg: signing failed: unusable secret key

If I do give it an explicit keyID in the command line, to the correct
key, then it works properly. Ideas? Has anyone been having the same
problem? (I've search the bug tracker, but failed to find anything
like this...)

Regards,